531: Theoretical perspective in Sociology
Full Marks: 100
Attempt any THREE questions from Group ‘A’ and FOUR from Group ‘B’.
Long Answer Questions
1. Elaborate that “sociological imagination enables us to grasp history and biography and the relations between the two within society.”
2. Discuss how structuration perspective attempts to synthesize the arguments of those theories of society that interpret either mainly the structure or mainly the actions of human social behavior.
3. For G.H. Mead society represents the organized and patterned interactions among diverse individuals, the interactions which are dependent upon capacity of mind to take roles and imaginatively rehearse alternative lines of activities. Elaborate.
4. Differentiate between macro and micro perspectives and discuss Coleman’s ideas about micro-foundation of macro social behaviour:
Short Answer Questions
5. Discuss the basic principles and protocol of sociology of knowledge.
6. For Parsons the mechanism through which society satisfies the imperatives (necessities) of its existence gives it the shape of a system. Discuss.
7. What are the arguments of the world system theory on the issues of development and underdevelopment of societies?
8. Discuss why Marx has observed that capitalism is specific historical category.
9. What is ethno-methodology? What are its critiques of “traditional Sociology”?
10. Write short notes on any TWO of tie followings:
b. Critique of actor dominant perspective
c. Structuration theory and forms of research