SA 534: Social Institution
Full Marks: 100
Attempt any THREE questions from Group ‘A’ and FOUR from Group ‘B’.
Long Answer Questions 30×20=60
- What is social and cultural change? Discuss the different factors of social and cultural change in Nepal.
- What is anthropology and sociology of senses? Describe the idea applied by Robery R. Dejarlais in understanding the human society.
- Define mode of production? How do you differentiate a feudal and a capitalistic mode of production?
- How does local life being influenced by global inequality and global stratification? Illustrate with suitable examples.
Short Answer Questions
- How do you differentiate a household from a family?
- What is institutionalization? How does institutionalization happen in group life?
- Religion is promoter of social morality and social cohesion. Substantiate or refute this argument based on Khaini’s notion of religion.
- Which dimension of social stratifications is dominant wit-respect to Dalit-Non-Dalit relationship in Nepal today”.
- Write an essay on nature nurture debate.
- Write short notes on any TWO of tie followings:
- History and biography
- Commercial market
- Descent group