SA: 533 (Power and Politics: Governing Human Collectives)
Full Marks: 100
Attempt any THREE questions from Group ‘A’ and FOUR from Group ‘B’.
Long Answer Questions 30×20=60
- State formation is an evolutionary process which has undergone a progressive change in the relationship of power among people formed from that rooted on kinship bonks to that of residence in a territorial unit and claiming a right to resources available in the claiming unit. Elaborate this statement with examples.
- Given the economic inequalities permitted by the liberal type of political regimes, the critiques of liberal democratic state have the argument that the competitive practices permitted between plural types of political organization by thee regimes appear under imperfect conditions. Consequently, the ruling classes in these systems happens to come from the economically dominant segment so as to make the state ultimately work in the interest of this segment o the population. Elaborate.
- The discourse of development emerged through the historical problematization of poverty has its own, historicity. Discuss this argument in the light of successive promises of affluence provided by economic thought in general and development economics in particular.
- Discuss the internal and external sources of threats that pose limits to the capacity of the ‘Third World’ states to satisfy their stated goals.
Short Answer Questions
- The image of the state envisaged in the provisions of laws of Mulki Ain embrace in letter and spirit the values and ideologies taught by Hindu Dharmasastric text. Discuss this statement in views of argument presented by Prayag Raj Sharma.
- Highlight on the fact that ethnic conflict is a major reality of our time. This is conformed not simply by its ubiquity but also by the cumulative increase in the frequency and intensity of its, occurrence.
- Discuss how state leaders with limited capacity to mobilize their public have themselves crippled the arms of the state.
- Globalization has no longer left the state as an exclusive institution charged with the role to govern. Discuss.
- What is civil society? Discuss how civil, society plays the role to shape the operation of the state.
- Write short notes on any TWO of tie followings:
- How civil society works in an uncivil place?
- Hegemony as one important mechanism of state control
- Stages of growth and development of imperialism.