Theoretical perspective in Sociology
Full Marks: 100
Attempt any THREE questions from Group ‘A’ and FOUR from Group ‘B’.
Long Answer Questions 30×20=60
- Describe how different stages of social research are mutually connected.
- What do you mean by a probability sampling design? Describe the sampling procedures, uses and limitations of any three types of probability sampling design.
- Write an essay on structural-functional, metatheory and research protocol.
- What is a chi-square test and when it is used? Provide formula and steps to calculate a Chi-square value; and, describe how the value of cli-square, is interpreted.
Short Answer Questions
- Explain correlation, causality and spurious interpretation with appropriate examples.
- Write an essay on content analysis.
- Define/explain mean and standard deviation. Give suitable examples for each.
- Discuss how qualitative and quantitative research tools and techniques are complementary to each other.
- Critically examine the importance of participant observation as a technique of data collection in an anthropological research.
- Differentiate between cross-sectional and longitudinal research designs with appropriate examples.