There are four Test in IELTS (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is most important test for the people who wants to study or migrate in English Speaking country. Like; USA, UK, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, NEW ZELAND.
1. Writing Test:
Time: 60 minute (Score: 9)
- In writing test there are 2 task:
I. Essay writing: (Score: 5.4)
II. Report writing: (Score: 3.6)
I. Essay writing: Task-1
In this task you have to write an essay minimum of 250 words.
In essay writing there are 3 steps:
In introduction there are three factors to consider while writing an essay. It should be short, satisfactory and informative.
In introduction part, you should focus on:
1. Start your writing from the given topic
– Do not copy given topic as it is
– Re-state the given topic in your own language
– Change the words write synonyms (For re-stating can write in passive form)
-While re-stating do not go out of topic
2. Focus: (1 sentence and positive attitude)
– I agree to the given statement ……….
– I strongly believe that……….
– I support to the opinion that
– I disagree to the given statement………
– I oppose to the opinion that…..
– However, I believe…….
– In my opinion…..
3. Supporting sentences (1 or 2 sentence)
– Give your opinion about the topic
– Proverbs (optional)
In body Part (2/3 paragraph)
Each paragraph 6/7 lines are enough. And focus on:
– Example ( you need proof and evidence)
– Extra detail (Specific knowledge)
In conclusion Part:
(1 paragraph within 2 to 3 sentence)
– To conclude, …
– In conclusion, …
– To sum up, …
– Finally, …
– From above discussion and arguments it is clear that …
Now you have complete essay.
What to do while writing an essay:
– Use vocabulary signals
– Use introducing words:
– The first point is …
– The second point is …
– The Third point is …
– Use linkers: Linkers are:(However, furthermore, moreover, similarly, in fact, on the first hand, in the same way, tin another word, nonetheless, nevertheless, likewise, in this case, last but not the least)
– Use conjunctions: Conjunctions are: not only but also, either or, neither nor, although, even though, in spite of, despite, as soon as.
What not to do while writing an essay.
– Avoid the using of slang words ( like : u, r, m- here write complete word, you, are, am)
– Avoid the using of words ( etc., &, i.e., Ex; )
– Do not complete your sentence with so on, that’s it, that’s all
– Avoid the using of the words: thing, something, many thing
– Avoid the using of contracted words: Can’t (×)- Can not (Ö), Don’t(×)-do not (Ö)
– Avoid the using of- :!, ?, :
II. Report Writing: Task -2
In this task you should write minimum 150 words. Here preposition, articles, data are also counted.
– Pie- Chart
In report writing there are 3 steps:
In introduction part there are 3 factors:
-use reference structure
-Write caption (copy as it is) –can restate
-if caption is not given in figure than take information from the figure
-division of information
Body (write 2/3 paragraph)
-5/6 lines each paragraph
-presentation of statically data
-what is about the figure just present that only
-data presentation and analysis
Two types of figure
-fixed date figure: no date or single date
Change over time (more than one date)
Fixed date figure
-date present column wise
-for data presentation follow ascending or descending order
-date present for each variable (group) separately
-make report individually for each
-row wise (other group) compare to other
-analysis which group data has been presented
-for analysis use the words maximum, minimum, high/low, small/large, more/less
-present total number of data
-follow ascending or descending order
Note: data present in number
-not words (ten)
-up to 5 digit write in number
-explain the objects which are given in figure
-for explanation follow the direction which are given in figure
-use passive form