6 °C London, GB

Danish Green Card


The Danish Green Card scheme allows you to live and work in Denmark if you can score enough points based upon criteria such as age, language skills, work experience, and education. If you score at least 100 points, you can obtain a residence permit valid for up to18 months. In addition, you will be able to bring your immediate family along.
As well as scoring 100 points, you must have a valid health insurance policy and be able to provide proof that you can support yourself and your family while you look for work in Denmark.

The Danish Green Card Points Based System

Under the Danish Green Card scheme, points are score under five areas: Education, Language Skills, Work Experience, Adaptability, and Age. It is also possible to score a number of bonus points for various factors described below.


To score points for Education, you must have the Danish equivalent of a bachelors degree. Your academic credentials must be assessed by CIRIUS, a body under the Danish Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation.
In addition to points scored for your degree, bonus points can be awarded under Education for obtaining a degree from a top school or by having an education which qualifies you for work in an occupation on the Positive List.
With the addition of bonus points, the maximum number of points that can be scored for Education is 105. It is possible for you to score enough points for a work and residence permit based solely upon points earned for Education.
Education level Points
Bachelors degree 30
Bachelors degree + 1 year Masters degree 50
Masters degree 60
PhD 80
Bonus points can also be earned under Education:
School Ranking Bonus Points
Top 400 5
Top 200 10
Top 100 15
Education related to occupation on the Positive List Bonus Points
Yes 10

Language Skills

You can earn a maximum of 30 points for language skills which includes knowledge of Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German. Points can be earned for both one Scandinavian language (Danish, Swedish, or Norwegian) and either English or German, but not for both English and German or two or more Scandinavian languages.
You will be required to show that you have passed an exam equivalent to at least a Danish Language Test, Level 1. Alternatively, you can prove language proficiency through a statement by your previous employer stating that you used Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German while performing your job for at least one year, or by proving that you have completed at least one year’s study in higher education which was taught in one of these languages. In the case of these last two requirements, you will have shown a language proficiency equal to a Study Test in Danish as a Second Language.
Language Proficiency Level Points
Level 1 5
Level 2 10
Level 3 15
Study Test in Danish as a Second Language 20

Work Experience

You can score a maximum of 15 points under Work Experience. Your points are earned based upon the number of years you have worked as a researcher, or in a field of work that is currently in shortage in Denmark (i.e., a job listed on the Positive List). If this does not apply to you, you can still earn points for experience any other single occupation.
Work Experience Points
3-5 years experience as a researcher or in a field on the Positive List 15
1-2 years experience as a researcher or in a field on the Positive List 10
3-5 years experience in other work 5


If you have studied or worked in the European Union/European Economic Area, you can claim a maximum of 15 points for adaptability. You can only claim points for either education experience or work experience — not both.
EU/EEA Education Experience Points
Completion of at least one year of study in higher education in the EU/EEA or Switzerland 5
Completion of at least three years of study in higher education in the EU/EEA or Switzerland 10

EU/EEA Work Experience Points
At least one year of work and residence in an EU/EEA country or Switzerland 5
At least two years of work and residence in an EU/EEA country or Switzerland 10


You can also earn a maximum of 15 points for your age:
Age Points
35-40 years 10
34 years or younger 15

Family Members

If you are granted a residence permit under Denmark’s Green Card Scheme, your spouse or partner is also eligible for a residence permit, as well as any children under the age of 18 who are living at home with you. Your spouse or partner is allowed to work full time for the entire period of the residence permit’s validity.

Financial Requirements

You must be able to provide proof that you can support your stay in Denmark for the first year while you search for work. This can be done in the form of a recent bank statement in your name which clearly states in which currency it was issued and on what date. You must also show that you are able to support any dependants who will be staying with you in Denmark.
The monthly rates required to meet the financial requiremnents before tax are (as of 2011):
  • DKK 5,367 for persons under the age of 25 living alone
  • DKK 6,472 for persons 25 years of age and older living alone
  • DKK 5,367 per person for spouses or cohabiting partners
Addional monthly rates (called “caregiver supplements”) apply if you have children under 18 living in the household. A household can receive a maximum of two caregiver supplements. The monthly caregiver supplement is (as of 2011):
  • DKK 1,342 per child for married or cohabiting parents
  • DKK 1,619 per child for single parents
For example, if you plan to immigrate by yourself to Denmark and you are over the age of 25, you must have DKK 6,472 X 12 months = DKK 77,664 available to fund your first year in Denmark. If you are coming as a single parent of three children and you are over the age of 25, you must have (DKK 6,472 X 12) + (1,619 X 2 X 12) = DKK 116,520 available to fund your first year in Denmark.

Related articles

EDV Lottery Result 2017 Published

On may 2016 EDV result is going to be published. Hundreds of thousands of people from around the world try their luck to be settle in America; land of opportunity. The country who has cross 50 thousands people already can not participate in the program. To participate in the program applicant should have 12 years […]

Nepali Workers hurts in Malasia

Nepali workers got serious attacks in Malaysia. Armed gang of local Malay attacked on Nepali workers at Pasir Gudang. Many unauthorized news says more than 8 Nepali are killed and many more are critically injured. Some of the video shows the Police were mobilized in a small number. And the gang were not controled by […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *